Frequently Asked Q's

Can I pay for classes online?

Open Enrollment classes can be booked and paid for online. Workplace Safety Specialists accepts MasterCard, VISA, Discover and American Express. For classes conducted at your facility or for group training conducted at our national training center in Mesa, AZ, please contact Client Service Representative Cara Garry at or 480-324-6173 for pricing and payment information.

How long is forklift certification good for?

Forklift certification is generally good for three years. The exception to this is that an employee must be retrained under some specific circumstances outlined in regulation 29 CFR 1910.178(l)(4). Circumstances that indicate re-training include when an operator has been observed operating the forklift in an unsafe manner, has been involved in an accident, or has been assigned a different type of truck. Workplace changes affecting the safe operation of the truck also indicate re-training is needed.

How long is a training class?

While some courses have regulatory-directed time frames for the length of training, many courses are left to the employer to determine appropriate course lengths. OSHA directs the requirements for what must be trained or communicated to employees, but does not direct the amount of time to effectively train employees. This takes into consideration the acceptance of various experience and knowledge levels of employees and different hazards or varied exposure to hazards creates many training scenarios. Generally, Awareness level training is at least 2 hours; Refresher courses are at least 4 hours; and employees that are newly exposed to complex topics such as confined space entry, lock out/tag out or trench & excavation should receive not less than 8 hours. Some courses, such as 40-Hour HAZWOPER require much longer classes. Contact Client Service Representative Cara Garry at or 480-324-6173 for further information.

How soon can I have a training class scheduled?

Workplace Safety Specialists works with you to determine the most accommodating schedule. If travel is required, we keep costs down by coordinating with the best air fare. Contact Client Service Representative Cara Garry at or 480-324-6173 for further information.

Is CPR & First Aid training required in the workplace?

The requirement can vary depending on industry and activities in the workplace. OSHA states that β€œIn the absence of an infirmary, clinic, or hospital in near proximity to the workplace which is used for the treatment of all injured employees, a person or persons shall be adequately trained to render first aid. Adequate first aid supplies shall be readily available.”

What materials do students receive during training?

orkplace Safety Specialists courses include a student manual and supplemental reference material as applicable, ie. Temporary Traffic Control – MUTCD, Hands-On classes – Skills Assessment Forms, NIOSH, ERG and others. Two-hour awareness courses include hand-out material. Contact Client Service Representative Cara Garry at or 480-324-6173 for further information.

When do I get my course certificate & wallet card?

Course completion certificates and wallet cards are sent within seven days of receipt of payment. For pre-paid open enrollment courses, students receive the certificates and/or wallet cards upon successful completion of the course. If there is a regulatory or company requirement for proof or documentation of training prior to receipt of the course completion certificates, the training roster can be made available.

I was very happy with the training, couldn't have asked for a better service from them.

Anna Maller